Friday, December 5, 2008

Vacation time?

I grew up in western New York state, and as a kiddo we vacationed in southern New Jersey quite a bit. It was far enough away to feel like a real trip, but close enough to not be crazy to drive with kids. Even though we've been near this area in recent years, and even driven pretty much through it, I've never taken my kids on a Jersey Shore beach vacation. I really think that I'd like to, to show them where I went and what I did with their aunts when I was a child. I still remember playing in the sand, diving in the waves, and visiting all of the souvenir shops. We have beaches near us now, but swimming in a lake isn't the same as swimming in the Atlantic ocean. It's definitely a different and memorable experience.

I found a neat resource online in Morey’s Piers. They are a great place for a “New Jersey Vacation” and their website is a great place to find hotels & motels in Wildwood. Morey's Piers is a staple among New Jersey attractions, with its amusement park rides and many other boardwalk attractions. They're even having an annual holiday sale right now, from December 1 through January 9. There are specials discounting nearly 40% on a Season Pass to both waterparks. Wow!! That could make a family vacation a lot more affordable.

I'll have to do a little more digging and a little more planning, but maybe I'll see you at the boardwalk before too long!!
Post?slot_id=

No comments: