Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Locked out of Little League

I was reading a news story about this little guy today - a nine year old with a 40 MPH pitch. His name is Jericho Scott, and he's being banned from pitching in his little league team in Conneticut because he's too good!!!

As I read the articles a bit further, I do understand the concerns about safety and the other kids being a bit overwhelmed, but still, what kind of message are we sending when we say that you can't play because you are excelling too much?

Any ideas on this one?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is simply unbelieveable! I do not think this is right at all. Why penalize anyone for being great at what they do? This does not make sense at all!
BTW, I wanted to extend and invitation to participate in the weekly blog carnival that I host on Athletic Alley! If you follow the backlink, you will see the blog carnival in the right hand column. It could definitely provide more exposure for your site and the sport (or sports) you love. I love baseball and am an Atlanta Braves fan. Unfortunately it doesn't look like they will be playing in October. There is always next year!